Acme Tools was founded in 1948 and continues to be a family-owned operation with eleven locations in North Dakota, Minnesota, and Iowa. We are one of the premier retailers of tools and equipment both in-store and online, and serve contractors, woodworkers, and do–it–yourselfers with a wide selection of tools and equipment from all the major manufacturers.
In preparation for the retirement of our current Chief Financial Officer, Acme Tools is now looking for a CFO who will work closely with Acme Leadership to develop, implement, and evaluate new financial strategies aimed at improving operational performance for Acme Tools. Has primary responsibility for the planning, implementation, management, reporting, and running of all financial activities within the company.
What You’ll Take Ownership Of:
The Chief Financial Officer is responsible for planning, implementing, managing, reporting, and controlling all financial-related activities of the organization. This position will work to inspire, motivate, mentor, and educate a high-performing management team in our eCommerce division and at 11 locations throughout North Dakota, Minnesota, and Iowa to optimize their impact on Acme Tools by:
- Advising on long-term business and financial planning, including identifying and addressing financial risks and opportunities for Acme Tools and related entities.
- Directly responsible for accounting, finance, banking, forecasting, strategic planning, job costing, and contract analysis.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with Ownership and Senior Management to strategically enhance and provide recommendations on Acme’s financial performance and business opportunities.
- Coordinate the preparation of financial statements, financial reports, special analysis, and information reports.
- Assure legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitor compliance with laws and regulations
- Assist with high-level decisions about policy and strategy.
- Prepare, analyze and present financial statements and other data-driven reports including monthly profit and loss, balance sheet, and forecast vs budget.
- Provide consultation and analysis of business initiatives and new service offerings.
- Review and ensure the application of appropriate internal controls throughout the organization.
- Oversee the preparation and timely filing of all local, state, and federal tax returns.
- Work with Human Resources to ensure appropriate legal compliance.
- Oversee the month-end close process, constantly reviewing procedures while eliminating inefficiencies.
- Serve as a key point of contact for external auditors & manage preparation and support of all external audits.
- Oversee cash, investments, asset planning, and management.
- Maintain outstanding banking relationships and strategic alliances with vendors and business partners.
- Serves as the internal legal resource for the company and is responsible for legal contracts.
- Remain current on audit best practices as well as state, federal and local laws regarding company operations.
- Providing leadership, direction, and management of the finance and accounting teams.
- Hire, develop and manage accounting managers and staff.
- Build an effective and efficient team dynamic by mentoring and develop your team through managing work allocation, providing systems training, and performance evaluations
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, Accounting, Finance, or Economics required; CPA required.
- 5+ years of progressively responsible financial leadership roles.
- Strong financial and accounting background, including an understanding and experience with a retail and/or eCommerce business.
- Must display a cohesive ability at interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced work environment; work on a team or independently; ability to manage relationships with Ownership and Senior Management.
- As the chief person responsible for financial oversight of our stores, this job may require additional travel.
- Self-driven to achieve goals; high energy level is essential, as well as a strong, dedicated work ethic.
In addition to very competitive compensation, some of the benefits we offer include:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Paid Holidays
- Flex Spending
- Generous Employee Discounts
*Employment offers are contingent on drug-screen and background check. Relocation to Grand Forks, ND required. Acme Tools is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Small Town Friendliness. Big City Amenities. Find out why living in Grand Forks is way cooler than you think at www.grandforksiscooler.com
Learn more or apply online at www.acmetools.jobs