Open Date: 1/27 Close Date: Open until filled
Location: Fargo, ND
Company: First Community Credit Union
Serve as a member of the Fargo market credit delivery team which includes commercial loan officers. Responsible to gather and analyze credit information on current and potential borrowers; determine the advisability of granting credit for diversified types of loans; and assist loan officers in writing loan credit presentations. Promote business for the Credit Union by maintaining good member relations and referring members to appropriate staff for new services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Gather data from borrowers, internal and outside sources to use for analyzing financial information. Contact borrowers and loan officers directly for additional information and clarification of data.
2. Spread personal, business, and not-for-profit financial statements and tax returns to ascertain overall credit risk through the input of data into spreadsheets and/or analysis software in an accurate and timely manner. Prepare global cash flows, stress testing projections, ensuring proper loan risk rating, analyzing guarantor support, monitoring loan covenants, analyzing market research, and environmental risk, preparing cash flow analysis, while meeting minimum standards and identifying policy exceptions.
3. Input and analyze financial statements using Credit Union software. Complete ratio and trend analysis of statements and evaluate credit action requests for soundness and compliance within policy guidelines.
4. Develop structuring recommendations within context of credit union policy and philosophy. Determine financial condition and trends. Produce high quality credit presentations clearly outlining transaction, purpose, and strengths. Identify risks and weaknesses in transactions and find ways to mitigate risks. Present findings and other opinions concerning creditworthiness.
5. Actively participate in borrower and prospect meetings with loan officer, both on-site and at the member’s or prospect’s place of business. Assist the loan officer in the documentation of member and prospect meetings and site visits. Provide support through assistance with file content management, technical exception monitoring and the collection of proper supporting information.
6. Provide information as necessary for the lenders review and attend loan committee meetings to discuss presentations. Provide accurate information and ensure sound judgment is made regarding creditworthiness of borrowers. Provide sound and adequate technical advice to loan officers relating to credit analysis through gathering and evaluation of data.
7. Perform annual business loan reviews on the existing commercial loan portfolios considering overall positioning of the collateral in the current marketplace along with analyzing the creditworthiness and historical trends of the borrower/guarantor’s financial position, cash flow, and credit history. Assist loan officers in developing accurate risk ratings and provide recommendations.
8. Support growth objectives by representing the Credit Union in a professional manner at FCCU-sponsored business and community events.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business related field from an accredited college or university.
- CPA designation preferred.
- Five to seven years related experience and/or training; or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Work related experience should consist of a financial analyzing, accounting, or credit lending background.
- Advanced experience, knowledge and training in financial statement and tax return analysis typically resulting from a combination of education in accounting, financial and/or credit analysis or related areas.
Experience with WebEquity (Moody’s Analytics) solutions desired.
Applicants interested in this position should visit https://www.myfccu.com/about-fccu/careers.html#careerAchor to apply.
Contact: Lindsey Ward, Human Resources - (701)253-5115