Big data describes large volume of structured and unstructured data. However, it is not the amount of data that matters-it's what organizations do with that data. We will dive into the basics and describe the elements of big data and the underlying technology that enables big data analytics, as well as review opportunities and challenges associated with using big data in auditing. We will use a real-world example to demonstrate its usefulness in detecting anomaly in a leading global bank.
- Identify 3V model of big data (definition).
- Recognize underlying technology for handling big data.
- Determine potential applications of big data.
- Identify challenges associated with big data analytics.
- Identify the cautions that need to be taken when applying big data in auditing.
- Big data
- Data analytics
- Application of big data in auditing
- Cautions before using big data
Designed For: CPAs in public practice, private industry and government interested in using big data to provide better assurance and facilitate audit decision making.
Instructor: He Li
CPE Credits: 2
Area of Study: Computer Science