Cluster analysis is a major branch of data mining and has been used in auditing to detect fraudulent behaviors. In this class, we will cover basic definitions and concepts of clustering and discuss how to conduct cluster analysis, from data preparation to result interpretation. We'll take a look at examples of application to demonstrate its practical value and you will see why cluster analysis can be superior to other techniques in certain circumstance.
- Identify the basic idea of cluster analysis.
- Recognize different types of clustering and major clustering methods.
- Determine steps to perform in cluster analysis.
- Identify the applications of cluster analysis in business and auditing.
- Cluster analysis
- Exploratory Data Analysis (EDA)
- Anomaly detection
Designed For: CPAs in public practice, private industry and government interested in applying emerging technology to fraud detection.
Instructor: He Li
CPE Credits: 2
Area of Study: Computer Science