Blockchain is transforming how transactions occur, how they are recorded, and how those records are maintained. This dynamic course looks at three healthcare use cases to demonstrate how blockchain can be implemented to reduce errors, increase auditability, and drive collaboration. The focus areas include patient data management, drug traceability, and data sharing amongst insurers, healthcare service providers, pharmaceutical entities, patients and regulatory bodies. In these cases, we will examine how to implement blockchain, determine success and failure factors, and various other implementation considerations.
- Brief overview of the basic concepts behind blockchain technology.
- Use cases that show blockchain’s potential in the healthcare industry.
- Brief overview of the current and future privacy concerns.
- The future of healthcare industry leveraging blockchain technology.
- Recognize the potential impact blockchain will have on the healthcare sector
- Examine the opportunities for blockchain in the healthcare sector
- Analyze the challenges, risks and benefits in a blockchain adoption
- Examine the financial, organizational and Compliance/regulatory consequences of a blockchain adoption
Accounting, finance professionals that are looking for more information on how blockchain will impact the healthcare industry -Practitioners that serve or advise healthcare clients and would like to understand the impact of blockchain -Managers/decision makers looking to run blockchain projects
Instructor: Jim Barnes
CPE Credits: 4
Area of Study: Information Technology 4
Prerequisite: Basic blockchain knowledge