One of the biggest professional challenges for CPAs, CFOs, controllers and auditors today, is keeping current with the rapid pace of change in information technology. This course explores the new and emerging technologies impacting the fields of accounting, finance, auditing and business overall. Covering the full landscape, from the ground level of personal technology devices to the 5,000-foot level of emerging mega technologies like blockchain, digital and crypto currencies, artificial intelligence (AI), data analytics, robotic process automation (RPA) and more. This presentation will provide you with the latest updates on all these mega trends.
Investing a day to attend this course prepares you to actively participate in discussions with clients, colleagues, management, IT and service providers on the current state of technology and its impact on business. Particularly in our new "remote working" paradigm.
After attending this presentation you will be able to...
- Recognize and be aware of the important technology trends that will impact you and your organization
- Recall the important aspects of these technologies to prepare you to participate in discussions with your colleagues, clients, customers, IT staff and service providers
- Select a strategy for how to integrate these technologies into your business model
- Identify the emerging skills that will benefit you professionally
The major topics that will be covered in this course include:
- Emerging mega technologies, what they are and potential applications
- State of the cloud computing market and working remotely
- The explosive growth in Internet of Things (IoT)
- Big data, data analytics and KPI dashboards, the new frontier for CPAs
- Automation through artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning and robotic process automation (RPA)
- Blockchain technology: the new data storage model
- Digital and crypto currencies: Bitcoin, Ethereum and more
- Current state of cloud based software – financial, ERP, workflow and personal productivity applications
- Update on personal technology devices
- A peek into the Metaverse
Designed for: Anyone who wants to update and expand their knowledge of all that is going on with technology in the business world today
Instructor: John H. Higgins, CPA.CITPDeveloper: CPA Crossings, LLC
CPE Credits: 8
Area of Study: Information TechnologyPrerequisite: None