Representing the CPA Profession
The Society is a voice for the CPA profession, both in Bismarck and in Washington. We will be looking out for your interests while you're busy with your profession.
Meeting our Members Needs
- During Legislative sessions, the Society watches for legislative proposals to the House and Senate, looking for issues of specific relevance to the CPE profession
- We retain a professional legislative service company during the Legislature and during the off season when legislators are working on interim business
- The society also makes in-person contact with state representatives in Washington periodically
- Provide relevant information to members on legislation
- Serve as an informational resource to legislators and committees on the potential impact of proposed legislation
Want to be involved?
Join the Tax & Legislation committee: Meets with legislators, regulators, and standard setters on matters relating to taxation. Communicates issues of interest to members.